- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 large onions (about 3½ inches in diameter), sliced
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (1 pound) tomatoes
- ½ cup uncooked regular rice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 350º.
- In large skillet, cook and stir ground beef until light brown; drain off fat.
- Add onions and green pepper; cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, rice, chili powder, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- Cover; bake 1 hour.