- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 450º.
- Grease 12 deep custard cups (5 ounces) or 16 medium muffin cups.
- With hand beater, beat eggs slightly; add milk, flour, and salt and beat just until smooth.
- Do no overbeat.
- Fill custard cups ½ full, muffin cups ¾ full.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 350º and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until deep golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan; serve hot.
*Do not use self-rising flour in this recipe.