- 5 cups white flour
- 2 tablespoons yeast (or 2x 7g packets)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups warm water
- ¼ cup oil
- Put 4 cups of the flour, yeast, sugar and salt into a large bowl.
- Pour in hot water and oil and mix until you have a sticky mess.
- Add remaining flour until dough is no longer sticky.
- Knead for about 5 minutes until dough is elastic and smooth.
- Place dough back in bowl, cover with a damp towel and let it rise until it has doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and divide into two.
- Roll pieces to fill two well-oiled loaf pans and leave to rise until dough has reached the rim of the pan.
- Bake at 400° for 40 minutes.